Dear readers, I feel like last couple of years all I do is plan on writing more and it always seems like I write less. :)
I don’t really have a good explanation why that happens as I have many perfumes in my queue I would love to write about, it just seems that life has some other plans that unfortunately intervene in the meantime. Life is usually unpredictable like that. ;)
The last few months have been rather tumultuous when it comes to my life, what with the quantity of work I had to do, what with separation from my long-term boyfriend, and then finally with enrolling to get my driver’s licence. And that is just the three largest things that come to mind.
As none of that is finished yet, I am sincerely hoping I organize my time and mind in a manner that allows me to write (and smell) more.
That said, I will be finally getting some well deserved peace of mind and rest when my vacation starts on the 30th (of July). Luckily, that is not far away.
In the meantime, I’ll leave you with some general perfume thoughts I’ve been having lately:
- I’m not really happy with the new L’Artisans even though they are Duchafour’s work
- I am rather happy though with Cologne du Maghreb and finally understand Andy’s idea of spraying your body with a lot of cologne, works like magic! :)
- The Scented Hound sent some amazing perfumes for me to try (and I did), now all I need is to give them more time and write about them
- The longer I’m in this perfume world, the more I am starting to lean towards old style perfumery – French classics are taking over my heart
- Helped by the new Coco Chanel biography I’m reading (well, I just started) – I have a feeling it will be a good one
- Also, I really, really want to find an old version of Chanel 5 (see previous bullet) :)
- And Paris has been on my mind lately for several reasons, perfumes, Coco Chanel and I’m re-reading Angelique, La Marquise des Anges after I saw the new movie (beats me why it got such bad reviews…)
P.S. The picture is of the weather we have once a week here (give or take a few days). It’s also a bit what my life has been like lately. Which is why I loved this Portia’s post where she hid a little gem of a sentence in about loving yourself.
Life is about to get better and more fragrant!