Compiled by Asali and Ines.
1. You know where the flagship store is located.
2. No visit to Paris can pass without the visit to the afore-mentioned store.
3. You know which Mr. Guerlain did which perfume (and frown upon those who don’t differentiate).
4. You recognize when other people waft Shalimar/Jicky/Mitsouko/insert Guerlain of your choice – this only counts if you recognize more than 5 different ones (don’t have to be those mentioned above).
5. Even those older Guerlains you can’t wear as they aren’t you, you appreciate them and the way they were made.
6. You own at least one Guerlain perfume in several variations.
7. You hunt down vintage Guerlains (and are jealous of people who find them).
8. You try to recruit people for the Guerlain appreciation club, and smile a little condescendingly when they say that it “isn’t quite them”, saying “oh, don’t worry, you’ll get there”.
9. At least one holy grail is a discontinued Guerlain.
10. You use words like guerlinade and bee bottle as frequent as you use the words sillage and base note.
11. More than one (or two, or more?) Guerlain perfumes feel like “home” to you.
12. You bemoan the fact that some of the best ones are discontinued or re-formulated.
13. You look at batch codes before you purchase Samsara/ Shalimar etc. from the Bay.
14. You think of Thierry Wasser as the “adopted son” and rightful heir to Jean -Paul. 🙂
I’d say if you find yourself in 10 of these statements, there is no doubt about you being a Guerlain Girl (as we’re writing this from our female perspective).
Let’s hear it – do you have anything else to add? 🙂
Tagged: Guerlain, Guerlain Girl
Love it! Scored 11 out of 14 so that makes me a Guerlina Girl, right?It's a very good point about appreciating the ones you can't wear. L'HB gives me a headache and I can't handle the heliotrope in Apres L'Ondee but I think they are stunning masterpieces that I would love to be able to wear one day.Hope you both have a wonderful time at the Mothership…I mean the Flagship!Tara
lol, Tara!Mothership. :)I also don't qualify for all of the statements but I guess will eventually. 😉
It's definitely not about me, I'll have to re-check in a year or two 🙂 but I appreciate the idea.
Undina, a year ago, it wasn't me either.But times change… 🙂
I _want_ to appreciate Guerlain, but so far I haven't managed to love even one of them. Mitsouko's gone from "ergh" to "hmmm," so I'm progressing veeeeery slowly.Maybe I should pick up a decant of Shalimar, too.
Tara, I think "Mothership" gives you an extra point actually LOL. Thanks, I think we'll have a ball.Undina, I'm sure it's sooner than you know. As Ines said, it kind of sneaks up on you :-)CF, Trying is all the fun. If you are getting decants, sampling the exclusives might me worth your while. Then you're not facing the iconic-fragrance-thing…Thanks all for playing along.
CF, if you managed to get from "ergh" to "hmm" on Mitsouko, you're further along that line than I am. :)I'm still wondering what is that I'm missing and that is the Guerlain which I would like to find in a vintage form to see if possibly there was something there that all the fuss is about.
Asali, thank you for the idea and the statements. :)The more I think of them, the truer they get. :DWe'll be in the "mothership" soon.Sorry, I mean flagship. 😉
[…] now while checking to see if I ever wrote about Jicky or Shalimar, I came across this great post. At least I think it is great . […]