I’m participating in the next book of Locke Lamora (and Jean’s) adventures and the second book is called Red Seas Under Red Skies.
Once I started reading it, I realized how much exactly am I invested in the lives of Locke and Jean. It felt like finally going back to meet my friends and check whether they’ve been doing fine since we left them dealing with the aftermath of Grey King problem.
The read-along is again hosted by these great blogs and this week’s questions were provided by Bryce of My Awful Reviews.
The Little Red Reviewer
My Awful Reviews
Lynn’s Book Blog
OhThatAshley at SFSignal
And here are the questions with my answers:
1. The Sinspire. It looks like our heroes (can they really be called that?) find themselves in search of a way into an unbeatable vault. Do you think they have what it takes to make it happen?
He, he, after reading The Lies of Locke Lamora, I’m pretty sure they will make it happen. Probably not as they planned it, but, in the end, I believe they will do it.
2. Anyone want to guess how they’re going to make it happen?
No idea. I see they are starting again by saying to their victim they plan on robbing him (in a different manner though) but as the Bondsmagi were already introduced into the story, I know that there is absolutely no way for me to guess what will be happening. My only guess is that it will hurt and won’t be nice.
3. It’s a little different this time around, with us just being focused on Locke and Jean. Is anyone else missing the rest of the Bastards as much as I am?
Oh yes. And Locke and Jean are missing them as well – there are many references to them throughout the story. My heart aches each time I read a reference.
4. I love the section where Jean starts to build a new guild of thieves. It really shows just how well trained and tough he is. Do you think the Bastards will end up training others along the way again like Bug?
Good question. I’m wondering a bit how would they be able to believe anyone anymore so completely though. They practically grew up together, no one will again be the same as the Bastards that were family.
And I should add I was very impressed with Jean taking care of the situation so quickly and effectoively.
5. For those of you looking for Sabetha, we still haven’t spotted her yet. Anyone else chomping at the bit to see the love of Locke’s life?
I’m tired of all the references to her! 🙂 I want to know what happened between her and Locke! And she better show up somewhere in the books, otherwise I’ll be really unhappy.
6. It’s early on, but the Bastards are already caught up in plots that they didn’t expect. How do you think their new “employer” is going to make use of them (The Archon, that is)?
Again, I cannot offer any ideas. It’s just that Mr. Lynch’s mind works in such a devious manner when it comes to his characters, I cannot even begin to imagine what Archon might have planned for Jean and Locke. Possibly the murder of the Spider? The best I can come up with is that it will have something to do with Camorr as there seems to be a lasting hate between the two states (or whatever they are).
But I believe that Locke and Jean will in the end kick some Bondmagi and Archon butt. 🙂