There is a good saying in Croatian that I cannot translate into English and retain the same idea. But the gist is that while everyone talks about different subjects, the person in question always returns to the same.
In my case, that would be Harry Potter.
Well, it is the season after all, what with the last movie playing. 🙂
Since I’m on vacation, and I obviously needed it (vacation that is), as the only thing I can read at the moment is HP. Not being interested in reading is in my case a serious sign that I am stressed out. So, I’m de-stressing through HP, as that one always works.
And here are my musings on the subject:
- The HP series ALWAYS works when I need to relax and find peace and calm in my life.
- I hate the fact that the movies made me forget so many details from the books (especially beginning, as I usually skip that and read the longer books).
- I don’t know how many times I re-read the series, but I seem to be getting all the hints as to what is to come, only now. I can see where certain points in the story are going to come back later on as important details as to what exactly is happening. And I think Rowling is a genius the way she incorporated those little hints all over the books.
- Books are much better at getting Harry’s tragic and black childhood understood. Movies cannot transfer that bleakness onto the screen. Nor everything going through Harry’s mind. Which brings me back to the question how much can people actually get from the movies.
- I need to learn to read more slowly. Because I think that is the reason why I missed many little gems and hints hidden in the stories.
- I wasn’t sure movies ought to have had so many fun moments (especially later on) but they are there in the books as well. And I laugh much more this time around reading. I’m frustrated much more too, though.
- Bravery is something you are born with. So is the ability to be a true friend.
- I wish there was more of the backstory what happened between Hermione and Krum.
Tagged: Harry Potter