Compiled by Asali and Ines.
1. You know where the flagship store is located.
2. No visit to Paris can pass without the visit to the afore-mentioned store.
3. You know which Mr. Guerlain did which perfume (and frown upon those who don’t differentiate).
4. You recognize when other people waft Shalimar/Jicky/Mitsouko/insert Guerlain of your choice – this only counts if you recognize more than 5 different ones (don’t have to be those mentioned above).
5. Even those older Guerlains you can’t wear as they aren’t you, you appreciate them and the way they were made.
6. You own at least one Guerlain perfume in several variations.
7. You hunt down vintage Guerlains (and are jealous of people who find them).
8. You try to recruit people for the Guerlain appreciation club, and smile a little condescendingly when they say that it “isn’t quite them”, saying “oh, don’t worry, you’ll get there”.
9. At least one holy grail is a discontinued Guerlain.
10. You use words like guerlinade and bee bottle as frequent as you use the words sillage and base note.
11. More than one (or two, or more?) Guerlain perfumes feel like “home” to you.
12. You bemoan the fact that some of the best ones are discontinued or re-formulated.
13. You look at batch codes before you purchase Samsara/ Shalimar etc. from the Bay.
14. You think of Thierry Wasser as the “adopted son” and rightful heir to Jean -Paul. 🙂
I’d say if you find yourself in 10 of these statements, there is no doubt about you being a Guerlain Girl (as we’re writing this from our female perspective).
Let’s hear it – do you have anything else to add? 🙂