Well, I have to say reading new posts on perfume blogs has been a surprise today. 🙂 Lovely Divina from Fragrance bouquet has awarded me a F*ck!ng Fabulous award and caught me completely by surprise (a very nice surprise I must admit). Now, all I have to do is explain the procedure, add 5 of my addictions and name 5 fabulous blogs.
Rules and instructions:
1. You have to pass it (the award) on to 5 other fabulous blogs in a post.
2. You have to list 5 of your fabulous addictions in the post.
3. You must copy and paste the rules and the instructions below in the post.
Instructions: On your post of receiving this award, make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them. When you post your five winners, make sure you link them as well. To add the award to your post, simply right-click, save image, then “add image” it in your post as a picture so your winners can save it as well. To add it to your sidebar, add the “picture” widget. Also, don’t forget to let your winners know they won an award from you by emailing them or leaving a comment on their blog.
My addictions (huh, this might get embarassing):
1. Books. Ok, so not all books but the fact that I like to read a lot means I have a lot of books (and a serious lack of space) and I am not happy about the fact that 10 years from now it will be much more difficult to buy them as paper copies instead of just downloading them to my Kindle or whatever else might come along. And honestly, I am seriously addicted to Harry Potter and Kresley cole’s IAD series.
2. Body and hair products. I simply have to try all the body lotions/creams/butters I can get my hands on (I have dry skin and use them up pretty fast) and even when I find something great, I just have to try something new. The same goes for hair – for someone with such short hair, I spend more time thinking about it and loving it than anyone I know (personally). 🙂 Favorites at the moment: body – Korres, hair – Tigi.
3. Perfume. You knew that one was going to be on this list. 🙂 This might sound superficial to someone not sharing this addiction but I honestly feel like the world has opened its doors and shown me new vistas that bring so much joy and learning into my life.
4. I’m trying to curb this addiction – underwear and bathing suits. Don’t know where this came from but I simply love underwear and I mean all kinds: sporty, elegant, sexy, casual, whatever catches my attention. The same goes for bathing suits (and I blame VS site for that one). I have way too many for the amount of time I spend actually at the sea side.
5. And I’m up to five and don’t know which one to put here. So, I’ll simply list something I enjoy very much – whisky and wine. I love the taste of whisky (favorites being Johnny Walker Black, Jameson and Chivas) and enjoy very much a glass (or two) of good wine. 🙂
Ok, onto the fabulous blogs out there:
1. First and foremost, Divina’s Fragrance bouquet. I simply love the poetic way she has of describing perfumes. I feel like I’m following a scented story when reading her reviews. Wonderful!
2. I smell therefore I am by Abigail and Brian. They bring simplicity (by that I mean they are easy to follow and understand) and love of perfume to their reviews and are great to read.
3. The initial blog that put me on my way Now smell this – for a beginner that one is a well of information on just about anything a beginner perfumista needs to know and also keep track of new houses, perfumes and shopping hints. 🙂
4. And following straight behind that one and also deserving for spiking my perfume interest is Perfume posse. The way they write about perfume shows how it becomes one’s way of life (in a good sense) and gives you glimpses into their lives as well.
5. And last but not least, and a relatively recent find, WAFT by Carol – I love her short and to the point reviews that are often making me laugh. It feels to me that she brings so much joy into her reviews.