Thriving niche sub-culture in Zagreb

And I wasn’t even aware of it until now! 🙂

I mean, I knew there must be people in Croatia who loved niche perfume as there are 3 perfumeries in Zagreb carrying niche perfumes but I never met those people who shop there and love those perfumes.
Until now.

As I’m not really a strong character, saving money is not something I am good at. Or at all. So, after spending way too much money on perfume in the last 3 months (I can’t even bear to count how many bottles I acquired during that time), I figured it was time to get some of it back.

Therefore, I decided to sell off some decants from my bottles as there is no way I can possibly use up all of them, and I listed them on a Croatian forum.

What can I say?! I learned there are people here who can’t wait to get their hands on some of the things I have. 🙂 Which is a sentiment I can relate to.

Not to mention that they have some things I’d love to have so I predict some swapping in the cards as well.

Perfumes forever!

P.S. We really should come up with a good catch-phrase or a slogan for our fragrant community. 😉

Advertisements

8 thoughts on “Thriving niche sub-culture in Zagreb

1. Suzanne September 19, 2012 at 22:07 Reply

Oh, what a great move … sell some decants, meet some fellow Croatian 'fume heads that you didn't know were out there!Fragrance fans forever! 🙂

2. Ines September 20, 2012 at 11:02 Reply

Suzanne, in retrospect, it really was a good move, one I wish I made sooner. But it's better late than never, so I'm enjoying it now. 🙂

3. Asali September 20, 2012 at 14:09 Reply

Ines, that sounds great. Lucky you, no such community here. But then I don't miss it, since having perfumed friends around the world is just amazing.

4. tara September 20, 2012 at 14:14 Reply

I hope you discover some new loves from future swaps, Ines. I had a fun time when I did a similar thing a few years agao. It will be great if you make some new local perfumista friends along the way too.It also makes you feel less guilty if you can sell some of your perfume. Perfume guilt sucks! – that's my motto 🙂

5. Joan September 21, 2012 at 02:56 Reply

Awesome! I'd like to see Zagreb one day…I bet it's really different.

6. Ines September 23, 2012 at 13:27 Reply

Asali, I honestly thought that my perfume friends were always going to be from all over the world and not here. And now it seems I'm being proven completely wrong. :)Not that I mind. 😉

7. Ines September 23, 2012 at 13:28 Reply

Tara, I completely agree with your motto! 🙂 Which is why I'm glad I figured a way to mitigate it. You know what's the best thing? We managed to make the trasnfers in the space of one day – just met after work and exchanged stuff. 🙂

8. Ines September 23, 2012 at 13:30 Reply

Thanks Joan. 🙂 I don't really know how to characterize Zagreb – especially as it's my hometown. I both love it dearly and find it lacking in so many ways. 🙂 I would love to hear what people from other ocuntries think of it once they see it.

I love hearing your thoughts!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s