This week our host is S Voss from Dab of Darkness.
1) We learned some tidbits about Oree’s father in this section. Who, or what, do you think he was and what do you think of the suspicions about mob madness that Lady Serymn brought up?
I think he is one of the demon children’s children. Everything points in that direction anyway. That also makes Oree one as well.
As for mob madness, I think it’s just Lady Serymn’s excuse and another way of pointing the finger of blame at Nahadoth.
2) Shiny has some stern views about the relationship between Oree and Madding. What do you think of him testing her love for Madding? Do you think she said yes to Madding for the right reasons?
I think Shiny has absolutely no idea what love is and how to feel it and show it. If I start writing what I think of him, it won’t end well, but I’ll just say he’s still an ego maniac.
I do think Oree said yes to Madding for the right reasons, love is compromising. She reminds me a bit of Yeine in that regard, her skirting of danger when having sex with Madding.
3) The House of the Risen Sun has some followers with skills. What do you think of the holes, The Empty, and what has happened to Oree’s friends, both mortal and immortal? Shiny?
Can someone just push the whole order into the holes, please? As soon as possible? I think that the Arameri are proving to be just as awful (if not more) as the first book portrayed them and I really hate them. Empty is awful and I sincerely hope everyone survives it.
I’m not worried about Shiny. At all. I somehow think nothing bad will be able to happen to him.
4) Are the ambitious plans of the House of the Risen Sun justified? Noble? Or is there a particular follower you already want to seen tossed into The Empty for a spell?
Ha, ha, ha, noble? No way. There is nothing noble about them and I did notice how Lady Serynm is very adept of twisting facts to fit what she wants to say and do.
As in my previous answer, just toss the whole order in. I have no patience for stupid people (the followers who are so blind to truth and eager to follow all orders).
5) Lord Dateh, the Nypri, requested a bit of Oree’s blood for study. What do think he will do with it and what part do you think the House of the Risen Sun hopes Oree to play in their plans?
I think they will check for remnants of magical bloodline? I sincerely hope there won’t be something voodoo-ish to it, making Oree their slave.
It seems Oree is supposed to be in this book what Yeine was in the last.
Does that mean she’ll gain some kind of godhood so she can enjoy her eternity with Madding? ;)
And for my thoughts on this week’s chapters, is it just me, or does anyone else think that trying to kill Nahadoth, or believing the Gray Lady will deter him from destroying the world is the thinking of a madman? Or thinking that Gray Lady is Arameri? That way lies destruction for those thinking it…
Checkout what my companions in the Broken Kingdoms thought this week:
Dab of Darkness
Violin in a Void
Books Without Any Pictures